Objectified

Nov 11, 2009 by mydh
I remember watching the trailer for this one and being all excited. Forgot about it until @vemana reminded me last week about it. It is such a good watch, I can't recommend it enough to all those who are interested in design and design thinking even in the most remotest way.Personally, the overwhelming message seemed... design needs to be subtle. The SVP of design at Apple says how they don't want their users to think about the design of a product as struggles that designers and engineers would have had to go through. Design should just be a calm and considered solution and you should only wonder about how to use it better. Karim Rashid, a designer from NY asks why the shape of the digital camera is the way it is. It takes on the archetype of the film camera. And the film camera looked the way it did because of the film that went into it but we don;t have to stick to that shape in digital. A very valid point. I'd like my digi camera to have a touch screen where I can adjust exposure and focus on things I want too, choose flash etc.. instead of having to move through buttons and knobs :) many many more things that i liked about it.. but maybe later :)
Posted in | 0 Comments »

No comments:

Note

Please feel free to challenge my thoughts, ideas and opinions expressed above through your comments.

As you may or may not have noticed, this is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not those of my employer or any of its clients, partners or customers.

Apture