tickle your curiosity?

May 29, 2009 by mydh
If you've read Pygmalion and remember its subtitle - 'a romance in 5 acts' the above will probably make you curious.
This play has an interesting history. Shaw's fifth act has him closing the play with Eliza saying that she doesnt need Mr. Higgins and Higgins laughing at Eliza. As one can guess, Shaw left it to the imagination of the audience to interpret the ending they liked. Eliza could marry Freddy, Eliza could marry Higgins, Eliza could go back to Convent Garden... there are so many possibilities. However, this was not agreeable with the audience back then. They wanted Eliza to marry Mr. Higgins so badly that they pushed Shaw to write a sequel. Of course, Shaw gave them an ending they were better off not hearing.
So, I decided to write a sequel for three reasons:
1) While the play made sense to me, the prequel (for me) didn't fit. It was funny nonetheless :)
2) I didn't like the play ending with Higgins having the last laugh
3) I had to do a project for my class.
The poster you see above is one of my unsuccesful attempts :) As soon as I'm done with the poster and have it all ina presentable format, I'll put it on my site in pdf format for you all to be able to download and read it.
Posted in | 0 Comments »

No comments:

Note

Please feel free to challenge my thoughts, ideas and opinions expressed above through your comments.

As you may or may not have noticed, this is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not those of my employer or any of its clients, partners or customers.

Apture